- Arsenal ready to move for £40m Spaniard, Liverpool also keen
- Arsenal eye move for Czech Republic star – Coquelin replacement?
- Fixture change: Arsenal v Man Utd clash rescheduled for live TV
- Arsenal boss confirms key man has been ruled out for the season
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Cech, Sanchez, Ozil & Perez
- “I’m happy in London” – Sanchez offers huge update on Arsenal future
- Arsenal star to be given fitness check ahead of Man City clash
- Revealed: When Wenger will announce his Arsenal future [report]
- [Video] Chile 3-1 Venezuela: Arsenal’s Sanchez scores stunner
- Huge update on Alexis Sanchez’s future at Arsenal
Arsenal eyeing swoop for world class 28-goal hitman – reports
According to a report in the Daily Star, Arsenal remain interested in signing Karim Benzema this summer as Arsene Wenger looks to bring in a top class hitman over the coming weeks.
The boss is intent on adding another forward to our ranks after losing Danny Welbeck and has been forced to turn to alternative targets after Jamie Vardy snubbed our advances in favour of staying at Leicester City.
Some reports suggest we are leading the race to sign Alexandre Lacazette but the Daily Star are citing Spanish outlet El Confidencial as saying that we remain keen on luring Benzema away from the Bernabeu.
The French international has long been linked with a move to the Emirates and his name seems to have cropped up every transfer window for about six year but the report suggests that a deal could finally happen if Madrid are able to find a replacement.
Benzema is currently embroiled in a messy court case after being caught-up in an alleged bribery scandal so it seems Madrid could cash-in as long as Zidane is able to land Bayern Munich striker Robert Lewandowski.
If the La Liga giants sign the Polish international, then it’s claimed Arsenal are ready to swoop for Benzema and finally bring him to North London in what would be a sensational signing.
Whether we want the hassle of his off-field antics is another question, but you can’t deny his quality as Benzema is a world class striker who scored 28 goals in 36 appearances for Madrid last season to help them lift the Champions League.
I’d love to see the 28-year-old join the club as he’d be a deadly striker to play ahead of the likes of Sanchez and Ozil but obviously there is still a long way to go before we see him pulling on the famous Red & White jersey.