- Arsenal offer defender lucrative contract ahead of summer move
- Arsenal boss offers update on Sanchez & Ozil contract situations
- Arsenal suffer huge injury blow, star to miss crucial games
- International star responds to Arsenal move reports
- [Photos] Arsenal star trains despite ligament injury fears
- Arsenal star a ‘major doubt’ for crucial Man City clash
- Arsenal make 24-year-old top target as Wenger eyes international
- Boss confirms Arsenal star is ruled out with hamstring injury
- Arsenal transfer plans: Out = £92m duo, In = 48-goal hitmen
- Brazilian superstar says he ‘admires’ Arsenal & wants to play in England
Striker ‘stunned’ by Arsenal Offer As Wenger Eyes second signing
According to the Evening Standard, Japanese international striker Takuma Asano has confirmed that he was left ‘stunned’ after Arsenal made an offer to sign him this summer.
The Express cited reports coming out of Japan earlier this week that claimed we’d tabled an unspecified offer to Asano’s current club Sanfrecce Hiroshima for the unknown striker.
Most fans dismissed the reports as rubbish but it seems they have some foundation as the player himself has now told reporters that he was left ‘stunned’ after learning of Arsenal’s approach.
The 21-year-old is quoted as saying by the Evening Standard that he is confident he has what it takes to succeed at any club and would continue to give 100% even if he was sent out on loan by Arsenal, should he complete a move to North London.
“I was a little stunned [by Arsenal’s offer] but I feel like I have the confidence to succeed wherever I go.
“If I am loaned elsewhere, my take on it is that I give it 100 percent.”
Arsene Wenger is known to be on the look out for another striker as he looks to make his second signing of the summer following the purchase of Granit Xhaka but with all due respect to the player, nobody expected him to go for a young unknown like Asano.
The youngster has only ever played in the Japan J-League, where he’s scored 11 goals in 56 games to help Sanfrecce Hiroshima win the title twice in the last four seasons, while he’s scored once for his national team in his 5 caps so far.
Obviously Asano isn’t the striker we either need or expect this summer but in fairness I think we’ll see him sent out on loan to a European club if he does join Arsenal and Wenger will still bring in a more established name.
So let’s not panic, Asano is just one for the future and hopefully we’ll still see Arsene bring in a top class hitman. Alexandre Lacazette is the hot name right now with reports suggesting we’re leading the race for his signature while we’re still being linked with the likes of Alvaro Morata and Karim Benzema.