- No Sanchez but Arsenal duo named in Premier League Team of the Week
- [Video] Alexis Sanchez confirms he’s ‘really happy’ at Arsenal
- Arsenal rocked: Wenger fears star’s season is over following surgery
- Preview: Swansea v Arsenal, team news, line-up & prediction
- Arsenal’s FA Cup clash selected for live TV, date & time confirmed
- [Photos] Injured duo join new signing in Arsenal training today
- Wenger confirms duo could leave Arsenal this month
- Arsenal star ruled out for 2 games after Wenger confirms setback
- Team news: Arsenal duo ruled out but key quartet return for Swansea
- Arsenal doing battle with Spurs to sign German attacker – reports
Arsenal eyeing raid on London rivals for talented defender [SSN]
According to Sky Sports News, Arsenal are lining-up a move for West Ham full-back Sam Byram – who they suggest is being eyed as a replacement for Hector Bellerin.
Byram came through the youth ranks at Leeds United before breaking in to the first team in 2012 and his enormous potential earned him a move to the Hammers back in January 2016.
The 22-year-old started his career brightly at Upton Park but injury halted his progress as he was only able to make four appearances during the second half of the season.
However, it seems he did enough to impress Arsene Wenger as Sky Sports claim that we’re lining-up a move for the young right-back this summer.
Ordinarily that would be great news as Byram looks to be a great prospect but sadly the news outlet suggest that Arsene is eyeing him as a replacement for Bellerin – who they say could join Barcelona.
Hector has been linked with a move back to the Nou Camp in recent weeks but we’ve already politely told them where to go so there is no chance we’ll sell Bellerin this summer. He’s under a long-term contract and he’s confirmed he’s happy in North London so it’s pretty-much a non-story.
So if we are interested in Byram, as Sky Sports claim, then I actually think he’ll be viewed as Bellerin’s back-up as Mathieu Debuchy is expected to be sold this summer while Calum Chambers could leave on loan.
However, West Ham will no doubt do all they can to keep hold of the youngster ahead of their move to the Olympic Stadium so unfortunately I think we’ll find it extremely tough to get a deal agreed.