- Arsenal boss lining-up big-money offer for Serie A hitman
- Arsenal star commits future to club after agreeing new contract
- Arsenal trio set to return + positive update on attacker
- Attacker hints at surprise move back to Arsenal
- No Sanchez but Arsenal duo named in Premier League Team of the Week
- [Video] Alexis Sanchez confirms he’s ‘really happy’ at Arsenal
- Arsenal rocked: Wenger fears star’s season is over following surgery
- Preview: Swansea v Arsenal, team news, line-up & prediction
- Arsenal’s FA Cup clash selected for live TV, date & time confirmed
- [Photos] Injured duo join new signing in Arsenal training today
Arsenal star demands £90k-a-week deal amid interest from Euro giants
According to the Evening Standard, Arsenal star Laurent Koscielny is set to demand a new £90,000-a-week contract amid interest from Bayern Munich.
The newspaper claims that Koscielny has just one year remaining on his current contract and is attracting attention from Bayern as they look to bring in a replacement for Madhi Benatia – who’s set to leave after failing to establish himself at the Allianz Arena.
Bayern have long been linked with a move for Koscielny having shown an interest before he signed his last deal back in 2014 and it seems the German giants are ready to make a fresh attempt to lure him away this summer.
This is expected to see Arsenal push ahead with contract extension talks with the centre-back and while preliminary discussions have taken place, nothing has been signed as yet leaving us vulnerable to losing the Frenchman.
However, Koscielny knows he’s going to struggle to get regular action at Bayern with Mats Hummels expected to be Jerome Boateng’s partner next season following his move from Borussia Dortmund.
Therefore, the Evening Standard suggest that he’s likely to stay at the Emirates where he’s regarded as a vital first team player but will demand a new bumper contract worth £90,000-a-week.
The 30-year-old has given us six years of loyal service and has developed in to one of the best centre-backs in Europe since joining from Lorient in 2010 so I’m sure Arsene Wenger will do all he can to tie him down to a new deal.
Let’s hope we can come to an agreement soon as it would be devastating to lose a player of Koscielny’s quality. He’s easily our best centre-back and we need to bring in a new partner for him, not lose him, so fingers crossed he pens a new contract asap.