- Wenger criticises Arsenal star after poor display v Burnley
- [Video] Arsenal boss pushes official in tunnel following sending off
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Burnley: Xhaka flops, Sanchez shines
- Video: Arsenal 2-1 Burnley: Last Gasp Sanchez panenka pen wins it
- Teams: Arsenal v Burnley: Bellerin on bench, Gabriel starts
- Preview: Arsenal v Burnley, team news, Giroud out + prediction
- [Photos] Injured Arsenal man snapped back in training today
- “It’s possible” – World class Arsenal target drops hint over move
- Confirmed: FA announce key Arsenal star has signed new contract
- [Photo] Banner of Alexis Sanchez’s dogs installed at Emirates
Arsenal in battle to sign £10m Ligue 1 defender – report
According to talkSPORT, Arsenal could be about to miss out on the signing of Lorient defender Raphael Guerriro with Borussia Dortmund reportedly closing-in on a £10m deal.
Arsene Wenger has started his summer business early with the signing of midfielder Granit Xhaka while we’re also waiting on Jamie Vardy’s decision over the strikers proposed £20m move from Leicester City.
But the boss is also expected to strengthen his defence with a new left-back likely to be needed as Kieran Gibbs has been hotly tipped to leave the club this summer after losing his first team place to Nacho Monreal.
We’ve been linked with the likes of Ben Chillwell from Leicester and Wolfsburg’s Ricardo Rodriguez in recent weeks but talkSPORT claim we’re been lining-up a move for Lorient full-back Guerreiro.
The 22-year-old has developed in to one of the best defenders in Ligue 1 and is currently away at the European Championships with Portugal, so he’d certainly have made for stiff competition for Monreal had we brought him to the Emirates.
However, talkSPORT claim that we could be set to miss out as Borussia Dortmund are understood to be closing-in on a £10m deal with Guerreiro reportedly due to undergo his medical in Paris today after being given permission by Portugal to do so.
If these reports are accurate, then it looks like Arsene is going to have to continue his search for a new left-back and I personally think our most realistic target is Rodriguez.
There have been plenty of reports suggesting we’re keen on the Swiss star and he’s already expressed his desire to join so I think he’ll be the man we go for in the end.