- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
Arsenal table lucrative offer for 23-goal attacker – report
According to a report in the Daily Star, Henrikh Mkhitaryan has rejected a contract extension from Borussia Dortmund after Arsenal put forward a lucrative offer for the 23-goal attacker.
Mkhitaryan has just one year remaining on his current contract and Dortmund have been desperately trying to tie him down to a new deal over the past few months.
However, negotiations have dragged on and the Daily Star are citing a report from Bild that claims the 27-year-old has now decided against signing an extension with the Bundesliga giants.
The German publication believes that Mkhitaryan’s head has been turned as he has ‘lucrative offers’ on the table from the likes of Arsenal – although Chelsea are also mentioned as having an interest in the player.
Mkhitaryan has been strongly linked with a move to the Emirates in recent weeks with the Armenian Press News Agency reporting earlier this month that we’d made contact with Dortmund over a potential deal after holding successful negotiations with the players agent.
If these latest reports are accurate and Mkhitaryan has decided not to extend his contract then Dortmund may be forced to cash-in this summer or risk losing him for nothing in 12 months time, and I’d absolutely love him to join Arsenal.
The Armenian international has just come off the back of a sensational season that saw him score 23 goals and provide a staggering 32 assists in all competitions, making him one of the most dangerous players in European football.
Mkhitaryan has predominantly played as a right-winger for Dortmund so he could be the ideal replacement for Theo Walcott, with the England international hotly tipped to leave North London following a disappointing campaign.
An attacking three of Sanchez, Ozil and Mkhitaryan would be a mouth-watering prospect, particularly if we could also sign a top class striker to score the endless chances those three would create.
Let’s hope we can get a deal agreed with Dortmund and manage to lure Mkhitaryan to the Emirates as I think he’d be a superb addition to the squad…