- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
French star speaks out on future amid £20m Arsenal move reports
Leicester City midfielder N’Golo Kante has spoken out about his future amid continued links with a £20m move to Arsenal.
Arsene Wenger sealed the big-money signing of Swiss midfielder Granit Xhaka just last week but despite his arrival, we’re continuing to be linked with a move for Kante.
We’ve been strongly linked with a move for the 25-year-old in recent months and just days ago French outlet Le Parisien claimed that we remained in pole position to sign the holding midfielder this summer.
Kante has just come off the back of a sensational campaign where his tireless performances in the middle of the park helped drive Leicester to an unlikely Premier League title win.
Le Parisien say he has a £20m release clause written in to his contract and Kante would be an absolute bargain at that sort of money so it’s easy to see why he’s attracting interest.
The midfielder has now responded to reports linking him with a move by saying ‘for now’ he’s happy at Leicester but is concentrating on competing at this summers European Championships.
Kante is quoted as saying by the Daily Star:
“For now, I am happy at Leicester,”
“I do not pay too much attention to everything that is said.
“For now, I am in Leicester and I focus on the Euros.”
The player is hardly nailing himself to Leicester colours here, is he? Loosely translated, Kante is basically saying ‘I’m going to play at the Euro’s and see what offers come in for me over the coming weeks’.
I’m a huge fan of his and would have loved to have seen him join Arsenal, however, I really don’t see the need for Wenger to sign another midfielder this summer.
With Xhaka’s arrival, we now have six top class central midfielders (Xhaka, Wilshere, Ramsey, Elneny, Cazorla, Coquelin) competing for two positions so we don’t have room for Kante.
Therefore, unless Wenger is planning to sell one of our current crop of midfielders, I think the £20m would be better spent on a centre-back, right-winger or striker.