- Arsenal set to table formal bid for Euro 2016 winner
- Arsenal boss held talks with £52m midfielder in Paris hotel
- Arsenal tipped to pay buyout fee for international attacker
- Referee’s announced for Arsenal’s games vs Man City & West Ham
- Arsenal handed major injury boost ahead of Man City clash
- Arsenal legend responds to reports he’ll replace Arsene Wenger
- Wenger: Barca star ‘had agreement’ to join Arsenal
- Mesut Ozil picks up fresh injury concern on international duty
- Arsenal star explains why Sanchez/Ozil haven’t signed new deals
- Arsene Wenger offers injury update on Alexis Sanchez
Arsenal to announce £30m signing within next 48 hours – report
According to the Mirror, Arsenal will officially unveil Granit Xhaka as our new £30m signing within the next 48 hours.
The Xhaka-t0-Arsenal transfer has become a real saga as fans thought we were on the verge of announcing his arrival over the weekend following weeks of speculation.
After the Telegraph had reported on Friday that the 23-year-old was at London Colney to undergo his medical, photos emerged on Saturday of Xhaka posing for his official photo-shoot in our new home kit.
‘It must be hours away from being announced‘, fans thought. However, here we are on Monday night and still no word from Arsenal.
The Mirror claim that the deal is agreed at £30m, the medial has been passed and publicity shots have been done with everything being rushed through so Xhaka could meet up with the Swiss squad ahead of Euro 2016.
But the paper says we are expected to finally unveil the midfielder as our first signing of the summer within the next 48 hours – so by Wednesday night.
I’ve no idea what the delay is, but obviously the leaking of the photos have made fans even more impatient. Big-money deals take time and it seems we’re dragging this one out as much as possible.
However, hopefully by Wednesday evening Xhaka will officially be an Arsenal player and I think he’ll be an excellent addition as he’ll add a bit of steal to our team and he’s a born leader – which is something we’ve lacked for a long time.
Xhaka has a superb left-foot and loves to spray passes around the pitch, so he reminds me of a certain Emmanuel Petit in his playing style. Let’s hope he turns out to be half as successful as the Frenchman was in North London….