- Wenger criticises Arsenal star after poor display v Burnley
- [Video] Arsenal boss pushes official in tunnel following sending off
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Burnley: Xhaka flops, Sanchez shines
- Video: Arsenal 2-1 Burnley: Last Gasp Sanchez panenka pen wins it
- Teams: Arsenal v Burnley: Bellerin on bench, Gabriel starts
- Preview: Arsenal v Burnley, team news, Giroud out + prediction
- [Photos] Injured Arsenal man snapped back in training today
- “It’s possible” – World class Arsenal target drops hint over move
- Confirmed: FA announce key Arsenal star has signed new contract
- [Photo] Banner of Alexis Sanchez’s dogs installed at Emirates
Arsenal to announce £30m signing within next 48 hours – report
According to the Mirror, Arsenal will officially unveil Granit Xhaka as our new £30m signing within the next 48 hours.
The Xhaka-t0-Arsenal transfer has become a real saga as fans thought we were on the verge of announcing his arrival over the weekend following weeks of speculation.
After the Telegraph had reported on Friday that the 23-year-old was at London Colney to undergo his medical, photos emerged on Saturday of Xhaka posing for his official photo-shoot in our new home kit.
‘It must be hours away from being announced‘, fans thought. However, here we are on Monday night and still no word from Arsenal.
The Mirror claim that the deal is agreed at £30m, the medial has been passed and publicity shots have been done with everything being rushed through so Xhaka could meet up with the Swiss squad ahead of Euro 2016.
But the paper says we are expected to finally unveil the midfielder as our first signing of the summer within the next 48 hours – so by Wednesday night.
I’ve no idea what the delay is, but obviously the leaking of the photos have made fans even more impatient. Big-money deals take time and it seems we’re dragging this one out as much as possible.
However, hopefully by Wednesday evening Xhaka will officially be an Arsenal player and I think he’ll be an excellent addition as he’ll add a bit of steal to our team and he’s a born leader – which is something we’ve lacked for a long time.
Xhaka has a superb left-foot and loves to spray passes around the pitch, so he reminds me of a certain Emmanuel Petit in his playing style. Let’s hope he turns out to be half as successful as the Frenchman was in North London….