- Wenger: Barca star ‘had agreement’ to join Arsenal
- Mesut Ozil picks up fresh injury concern on international duty
- Arsenal star explains why Sanchez/Ozil haven’t signed new deals
- Arsene Wenger offers injury update on Alexis Sanchez
- Arsenal ready to snap-up Barca attacker for £25m [Times]
- Arsenal offer defender lucrative contract ahead of summer move
- Arsenal boss offers update on Sanchez & Ozil contract situations
- Arsenal suffer huge injury blow, star to miss crucial games
- International star responds to Arsenal move reports
- [Photos] Arsenal star trains despite ligament injury fears
Arsenal agree £25m deal, player to sign £120k-a-week 5-year contract
Granit Xhaka’s move to Arsenal is on the verge of completion after we agreed an initial £25m fee with Borussia Monchengladbach while the midfielder is set to sign a lucrative five-year contract, according to the Telegraph.
The speculation over Xhaka’s proposed move to the Emirates went in to overdrive on Friday morning after news broke that the Swiss international had flown in to London to undergo his medical and finalise personal terms.
The Telegraph claim the 23-year-old arrived at London Colney on Friday morning and is set to pen a five-year contract worth around £120,000-a-week after a breakthrough in negotiations with Gladbach.
The paper says that after having an opening £20m offer knocked back, we’ve finally agreed a deal worth an initial £25m with a further £5m coming in addition performance based add ons.
There is some contention over the medical as some outlets suggest it will be conducted over the weekend while other’s seem to think he’s already passed it, but either way it appears the transfer is close to completion.
Xhaka is a specialist central midfielder who reminds me of Manu Petit in his playing style as he has a lovely left-foot and likes to spray the ball around the pitch from deep, so I think he’s going to be an excellent signing.
His arrival means we’ll finally have plenty of depth in the middle of the park for when the inevitable injury crisis hits as we’ll have Xhaka, Coquelin, Cazorla, Elneny, Wilshere and Ramsey all vying for starting spots when fit.
Fans are eagerly waiting for the club to announce the transfer but hopefully it will be done at some point over the weekend. We should all know by now that Arsenal don’t like to rush these things!