- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
Laurent Koscielny injury update….
It looks like we’ve been handed a major injury boost with ESPN reporting that Laurent Koscielny is set to be fit for Arsenal’s crunch clash with Bayern Munich.
Koscielny was initially expected to be on the sidelines for at least three weeks after suffering a hamstring injury during our shock 3-2 defeat by Olympiacos last week.
The 30-year-old sat out our superb 3-0 victory over Manchester United on Sunday and was ruled out of France’s upcoming friendlies with Armenia and Denmark.
He was also expected to miss Arsenal’s next three fixtures against Watford, Bayern and Everton, however, according to ESPN, Koscielny is making excellent progress in his recovery and the club are confident he’ll be back quicker than first thought.
Arsene won’t risk him against Watford next Saturday but he’s expecting the centre-back to be available when Bayern come to the Emirates on October 20.
That would be a huge boost as the Bayern game is one we simply have to win if we want to stand any chance of qualifying for the knockout stages of the Champions League.
The defeats to Zagreb and Olympiacos have left us sitting bottom of Group F with no points so a third loss would leave us needing a miracle, and Koscielny being back will give us a much better chance of stopping the German champions from scoring.