- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Wilshere Update: Arsenal Handed Huge Injury Boost
Arsenal have been handed a big boost with the BBC reporting that Jack Wilshere will NOT require surgery on his latest ankle injury.
Jack missed Sunday’s Community Shield victory over Chelsea after picking up yet another ankle injury following a heavy tackle in training.
Arsene Wenger initially said the injury would only keep him out for a few days but the papers then claimed that Jack was likely to miss at least two weeks.
News then broke late last night that Wilshere’s injury was far more serious than first thought after scans showed he had suffered a hairline fracture to his right ankle.
The Mirror were one of several newspapers who said that Arsenal were sweating on the results of the latest scan which would determine whether the 23-year-old would require surgery. If he did, Jack was facing at least three months on the sidelines.
However, it looks like we can breath a huge sigh of relief as the BBC are now reporting that Wilshere will NOT need to go under the knife and will therefore be out for just 6-8 weeks.
Obviously it’s still a huge blow to lose Jack for at least six weeks, but it’s a lot better than him needing surgery and looking at another 3 months on the treatment table.
I said the other day that we wouldn’t be surprised if Jack’s injury was a lot more serious. Perhaps I jinxed it. But we’ve been here too many times before, it’s become predictable.
This was meant to be the season that Wilshere finally put his injury woes behind him and pushed on with his career, but here we are on the eve of the new campaign and Jack’s crocked….again.
I do feel really sorry for him but he just can’t be replied upon to stay fit. He’s one of the most naturally gifted players in the squad, but what use is that if he only plays 10-15 games a season?
Let’s hope he can get back fit again quickly and then stay injury free for the rest of the season as Jack really needs to get 30+ games under his belt at least this year.