- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
Injury Update: Arsenal Suffer New Blow + Attacker Returns To Fitness
Some mixed injury news to bring you today with Jack Wilshere suffering another blow but Danny Welbeck has returned to full training.
Wilshere was left out of the Community Shield squad on Sunday after picking up an ankle injury in training on Saturday afternoon.
Arsene Wenger said after the Chelsea game that it was just a minor problem but as I mentioned at the time, we’ve heard that before and predictably the newspapers are now saying the injury is worse than first feared.
The Mirror are one of several media outlets who’re claiming that Jack has already been ruled out of our opening two games against West Ham and Crystal Palace while he’s expected to be touch-and-go for the Liverpool game on August 24.
So the 23-year-old is facing three weeks on the sidelines and who’d bet against this latest ankle injury turning into a six-week lay-off, then 2 months, and so on….
Jack just can’t seen to stay clear of ankle injuries and it’s becoming a real worry. He underwent surgery twice last season to try and rid him of these problems but they keep resurfacing.
This is a HUGE season for Wilshere as he has to start staying fit and fulfilling his potential, and getting injured before the league season has even kicked off is hardly the ideal preparation.
There is some more positive news on the injury front with the Mirror confirming that Danny Welbeck is back in training after finally overcoming his troublesome knee injury.
The attacker has been struggling to shake-off the injury that he initially picked up way back in April [again, an injury that Wenger described as being 'minor' at the time] but thankfully it looks like he’s back to fitness.
He’ll now need to get some intense training under his belt before he’ll be in contention for a return to the first team squad, so I don’t think we’ll see him involved against the Hammers on Sunday.