- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
- 6 Arsenal players named in the Champions League Team of the Week
- [Tweets] Ozil, Ox & more: Arsenal players celebrate after CL win
- [Video] Mesut Ozil arrives home with his hat-trick match ball
Arsene Wenger Confirms Midfielder Will Return Against Southampton
Arsene Wenger has confirmed that Tomas Rosicky was rested for Sunday’s win over West Ham and will be back in contention to face Southampton on New Years Day.
Rosicky made a rare start against Queens Park Rangers at the Emirates on Boxing Day and scored what turned out to be the winning goal with a strike midway through the second half.
The Czech international put in an excellent all-round performance so it was a little surprising to see him left out for Sunday’s 2-1 win at Upton Park.
However, Arsene has confirmed that Rosicky was rested as he was suffering from cramps after the QPR game, so he’ll therefore be available to face Southampton on Thursday.
Wenger told Arsenal.com:
I just gave him a complete recovery today. When I took him off with 10 minutes to go against QPR he had cramps in the calves and in the hamstrings, so I didn’t want to take a gamble.
Jack Wilshere and Mikel Arteta are out while Aaron Ramsey is still a doubt with a hamstring injury so if he fails his late fitness test, then we could see Rosicky start against the Saints if Arsene decides to rotate his squad once again.