- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Arsenal Hit By Double Injury Blow Ahead Of Saints Game
Arsenal are facing up to the possibility of not having a recognised left-back available for Wednesday nights clash with Southampton with both Nacho Monreal and Kieran Gibbs major injury doubts.
Monreal was forced off inside the opening 20 minutes of our win at West Brom on Saturday with a knee injury and according to reports, the Spaniard is expected to miss out against the Saints.
Gibbs replaced Monreal at the weekend but also finished the game hobbling after sustaining a hip injury midway through the second half and the Daily Mail suggest that he too is set to be ruled out on Wednesday night.
The duo will be assessed at London Colney today and given every chance to prove their fitness, but Arsene is unlikely to take any risks which leaves us with a big void to fill at left-back.
Ordinarily Flamini would probably fill in as he’s done in the past but the Frenchman is needed in midfield with Wilshere and Arteta out, so the boss may have to call upon Hector Bellerin to deputise at left-back.
If ruled out, Monreal and Gibbs will join our lengthy injury list that includes Walcott, Ozil, Wilshere, Arteta, Ospina and Debuchy, but thankfully The Ox, Sanogo and Szczesny look set to be passed fit to return.