- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Injury News: Walcott Returns, Welbeck Knock, Koscielny Ruled Out
Arsenal will receive a huge boost this weekend with Theo Walcott set to be named in the squad for Saturday’s trip to Sunderland.
Theo hasn’t featured for the first team since injuring his knee against Tottenham n an FA Cup tie back in early January.
He got 45 minutes under his belt for the Under-21′s last Friday and now the Telegraph are reporting that Walcott is expected to be named in the squad that travels to Wearside this weekend.
Arsene Wenger is going to give one final assessment in training on Friday morning but the newspaper claims that as it stands, Theo will be named in the squad.
This is obviously a major boost and it couldn’t have come at a better time as the team is crying out for some width. We were far too narrow on Wednesday night so hopefully Theo’s return will see more variety in our attacking play.
I wouldn’t expect him to start but he’ll be a real weapon to bring off the bench in the second half.
In a further boost, Danny Welbeck is also expected to be passed fit despite picking up a minor knock against Anderlecht last night.
However, the Telegraph are also reporting that Laurent Koscielny is set to miss out once again with a niggling Achilles injury, so Nacho Monreal is expected to continue his partnership with Per Mertesacker at the back.