- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Wenger Close To Sealing Double Swoop + Deal To Be Announced Today
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is hopeful of tying up deals for David Ospina and Javi Manquillo this week while the transfer of Mathieu Debuchy is expected to be finally announced today.
According to reports, we’ve agreed a £3m fee with Nice for goalkeeper Ospina and are now set to negotiate personal terms with the Colombian international, who was hugely impressive at the World Cup this summer.
The 25-year-old is available at a cut-price as he’s in the final year of his contract and has made it clear he won’t be signing an extension, so the boss has made him his key target as he looks to bring in a replacement for Lukasz Fabianski.
Arsenal chiefs are also deep in negotiations with Atletico Madrid to secure a year-long loan deal for defender Manquillo. The 20-year-old is highly thought of in Spain and Goal claim we’re close to securing a loan that could be made permanent next summer.
Manquillo is expected to come in as back-up for Mathieu Debuchy with the French international’s transfer expected to be formally announced at some point today.
The 29-year-old has already agreed personal terms, passed his medical and posed for photos LAST WEEK, but we had to wait for Newcastle to find a suitable replacement. But with Daryl Janmaat moving to St James’ Park on Tuesday we are now clear to formalise the £8m purchase of Debuchy.
The additions of Debuchy and Ospina look like good pieces of business by the club and fill two problem areas with experienced international’s, but without breaking the bank. Manquillo is obviously one for the future but his arrival is likely to see Carl Jenkinson head out on loan.
Once these deals are wrapped up Arsene is then expected to focus on bringing in a defensive midfielder with Sami Khedira looking like the key target right now. If we could get the German in as well we’d have an excellent squad heading into next season. Check out the link above, it seems ‘agent Poldi’ is doing his best to ensure it happens….