- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
PSG To Offer Pastore + Lavezzi In Exchange For Mesut Ozil – Report
Ligue 1 champions Paris Saint-Germain are ready to offer Arsenal Ezequiel Lavezzi and Javier Pastore in exchange for Mesut Ozil this summer, according to reports in Spain today.
In what is a brief report, it states that PSG feel they have a ‘great opportunity’ to sign Ozil this summer after the German endured a ‘bad season’ here in the Premier League following his £42m move from Real Madrid.
The media outlet suggests that although Arsene Wenger is not interested in selling Ozil, the big-spending French club are going to try and tempt us by offering both Ezequiel Lavezzi and Javier Pastore in exchange.
I’m not sure where to start with the report to be honest. Firstly, the myth that Ozil has had a ‘bad season’ is becoming laughable. Those who feel he’s been poor really need to watch him closer during games. Failing that, just look at his stats in terms of assists and chance creation, as there hasn’t been many better players in Europe this year.
Secondly, Ozil already turned down the chance to join PSG when they made a last ditch attempt to hijack our move last summer. Plus the fact he’s still got over four years left on his Arsenal contract and we have no interest in selling, so this story is a non-runner really.
I’m sure there’s going to be speculation surrounding the future of Ozil this summer because of the media-driven hate campaign against him, but I’d be hugely surprised if he wasn’t still an Arsenal player next season.