- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
PHOTO: Per Shares Boyhood Pic Of Him In An Arsenal Shirt After Signing New Deal
Arsenal announced some excellent news earlier today with Per Mertesacker and Tomas Rosicky both signing new contracts with the club.
Per has been excellent this season and his partnership with Kosciely at the back has been the bedrock of our recent success, so he fully deserves his new deal, while Rosicky also fully warrants an extension after a superb last 12 months.
The club haven’t announced how long each deal is for, but with Mertesacker now 29 and Rosicky 33, it’s likely to be the last significant contract of their career for both players.
Shortly after the announcement was made on Arsenal.com, Per took to his official Twitter account to share a picture of him wearing an Arsenal short as boy, thanking the fans for their support and saying he’s proud to be a Gunner.
Hopefully Wenger will hand the BFG the captains armband for next season.
— Per Mertesacker (@mertesacker) March 4, 2014