- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
Gonzalo Higuain A Major Doubt To Face Arsenal Due To Calf Injury
Arsenal could be handed a huge injury boost ahead of tonight’s Champions League clash with Napoli with Sky Sports News confirming that Gonzalo Higuain is a major doubt for the game.
The Argentinean started from the bench for Napoli’s 2-0 win at Genoa on Saturday and it seems he’s struggling to start tonight due to a calf problem.
The striker trained away from the rest of the Napoli squad when they arrived at the Emirates on Monday evening, and went through a light training session on his own.
However, Sky Sports claim Napoli officials have confirmed Higuain woke up in pain this morning and is now a major doubt to start tonight.
His absence would be a major boost as not only is he a world class striker but you just know he would have scored against us after all that went on during the summer. It’s just how football works sometimes.
The official teams will be announced at around 6.45pm so we’ll get them published as soon as we can. Fingers crossed Higuain isn’t in the starting eleven!