- Arsenal boss claims Sanchez will sign new deal + Ozil update
- Arsenal well positioned to secure £50m deal for 31-goal hitman
- Key duo recalled in 3-4-3: My Arsenal starting XI vs Leicester
- [Photos] Double injury boost as Arsenal duo train ahead of Leicester
- Arsenal battling to sign £33m Ligue 1 star
- Team news: Wenger offers injury update on Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Arsenal to make £20m bid for Bundesliga midfielder [Mirror]
- Leicester suffer triple injury blow ahead of Arsenal clash
- Arsenal star left Wembley on crutches following FA Cup win
- [Tweets & Photos] Ozil, The Ox & more celebrate on Twitter after beating City
Euro giants accept Arsenal’s £25m attacker bid – reports
According to a report by CNN Turk, Barcelona have accepted Arsenal’s £25m bid to sign Arda Turan as Arsene Wenger steps-up his attempts to overhaul his squad this summer.
The Frenchman is widely being tipped to stay on as Arsenal manager, despite growing unrest among the supporters, and Wenger is ready to freshen things up following a disappointing campaign.
With the future’s of Alexis Sanchez, Mesut Ozil, Lucas Perez and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain all in doubt, Arsene is expected to bring in at least two new attackers this summer and Turan’s name has been linked.
Reports last month in the Times claimed that Arsenal were planning a formal swoop for the Turkish international after Wenger identified him as a key target.
It looks as though that move has now been made as CNN Turk are reporting that Barcelona have now accepted terms over a £25m deal that will see Turan head for the Emirates this summer.
It’s difficult to know the precise details as the translation is sketchy but the report appears to suggest that our offer has been accepted as Barca are keen to cash-in on Turan as he’s failed to hold down a regular place.
The 30-year-old has scored 13 goals in 29 appearances in all competitions but he’s managed to start just 13 La Liga games with an abductor injury hampering him in recent weeks.
We showed an interest in Turan when he left Atletico Madrid in 2015 and it seems Wenger has now renewed his interest as the boss looks to get his summer business done early – probably to appease disgruntled fans.
I do like Turan and think he’d be a solid addition to the squad but I just hope he’s not being lined-up as a potential replacement for Sanchez or Ozil as he’s not on the same level as those two.
He’d be a superb upgrade on Perez, but we need marquee signings to replace Sanchez/Ozil if we end up having to cash-in on our star duo this summer.