- Leicester suffer triple injury blow ahead of Arsenal clash
- Arsenal star left Wembley on crutches following FA Cup win
- [Tweets & Photos] Ozil, The Ox & more celebrate on Twitter after beating City
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Gabriel & Holding superb
- Video: Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Sanchez fires Gunners to final
- Teams: Arsenal v Man City: Wenger sticks with 3-4-3
- 23-year-old international ‘will join Arsenal’ this summer [Mirror]
- Preview: Arsenal v Man City, attacker returns, Gibbs to start + prediction
- Key trio recalled in 3-4-3: My Arsenal starting XI vs Man City
- Arsenal face fight with Liverpool to land £50m star
Arsenal star tells friends he’s leaving despite record contract offer
According to the Telegraph, Mesut Ozil has told friends in Germany that he wants to leave Arsenal this summer despite being offered a new deal worth in excess of £200,000-a-week.
Ozil has just 15 months left to run on his current contract and we’ve been unable to agree terms over an extension despite holding several rounds of talks with his representatives.
The German international’s form has dipped dramatically in recent months and the player has been given several breaks and has missed a number of games due to mystery ‘illnesses’ – which I don’t think is a coincidence.
Some reports in recent weeks have suggested that Mesut wanted to see whether Arsene Wenger was staying or leaving before deciding on his own future.
However, it looks as though he’s now made up his mind to go as the Telegraph claim that Ozil has informed friends in Germany that he wants to leave the Emirates this summer.
The newspaper says that Ozil has still not responded to our latest offer of a new contract worth in excess of £200,000-a-week and the club are losing hope of persuading him to sign a new deal.
We had initially been more confident of keeping hold of Ozil than fellow contract rebel Alexis Sanchez but the Telegraph claim the club are now resigned to losing both at the end of the season.
If Ozil isn’t happy with our offer of over £200,00-a-week – which would make him the highest paid player in the clubs history – then we’ve done all we can to keep him and have no choice but to cash-in this summer.
We can’t be held hostage by players, and certainly not those who don’t fight for the badge. Ozil is a world class talent and when he’s happy and playing well, he’s almost unplayable.
However, his attitude has been poor in recent months and there is no doubt he isn’t up for the fight in the tough away games so for me he’s certainly not irreplaceable.
I don’t for one minute believe he’s been ‘ill’ over the past couple of weeks, nor did I believe it when Wenger gave him a couple of weeks off in January, so I think there is something going on behind the scenes.
We’ll find out soon enough but it looks increasingly likely that Ozil will be joining Sanchez out the exit door this summer….and they might not be the only ones as reports also claim that Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is looking to leave.
Huge summer ahead for Arsenal FC…..