- Arsenal to make £20m bid for Bundesliga midfielder [Mirror]
- Leicester suffer triple injury blow ahead of Arsenal clash
- Arsenal star left Wembley on crutches following FA Cup win
- [Tweets & Photos] Ozil, The Ox & more celebrate on Twitter after beating City
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Gabriel & Holding superb
- Video: Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Sanchez fires Gunners to final
- Teams: Arsenal v Man City: Wenger sticks with 3-4-3
- 23-year-old international ‘will join Arsenal’ this summer [Mirror]
- Preview: Arsenal v Man City, attacker returns, Gibbs to start + prediction
- Key trio recalled in 3-4-3: My Arsenal starting XI vs Man City
Wenger offers update on Ozil, Ramsey & Koscielny ahead of Liverpool
Arsene Wenger has been speaking at his press conference this morning ahead of Arsenal’s huge Premier League trip to Liverpool this weekend.
Among other things, the boss offered a team news update and gave the latest on the fitness of Mesut Ozil, Laurent Koscielny and Aaron Ramsey.
Ozil didn’t take part in training yesterday after arriving at London Colney on Wednesday morning with flu-like symptoms and was sent home to rest by club doctors.
There have been conflicting reports over whether the German international will recover in time to face Liverpool but Wenger says Ozil ‘should be OK’ so it looks likely that he’ll be in the squad.
Ramsey has missed the last four games after suffering a calf injury during our defeat to Watford at the end of January but he returned to full training this week and is now in contention to face Liverpool.
Koscielny missed the FA Cup win at Sutton United two weeks ago after sustaining a hamstring injury during our disastrous Champions League defeat at Bayern Munich last month.
However, the French international has made a swift recovery and he too has returned to full training this week and should be back in the squad that travels to Merseyside this weekend.
We head to Anfield desperately needing a positive result as we sitting one place and one point above Liverpool in fourth spot so it’s a huge boost that Ozil, Ramsey and Koscielny should be in the squad.
Here is what Wenger told reporters:
Wenger says Ozil "should be OK" for Liverpool game. Missed training yesterday with an illness.
— Mattias Karén (@MattiasKaren) March 2, 2017
Team news: "We have back in the squad Aaron Ramsey. He is back in full training and Koscielny as well." #AFC
— Mark Mann-Bryans (@MarkyMBryans) March 2, 2017