- Arsenal to make £20m bid for Bundesliga midfielder [Mirror]
- Leicester suffer triple injury blow ahead of Arsenal clash
- Arsenal star left Wembley on crutches following FA Cup win
- [Tweets & Photos] Ozil, The Ox & more celebrate on Twitter after beating City
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Gabriel & Holding superb
- Video: Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Sanchez fires Gunners to final
- Teams: Arsenal v Man City: Wenger sticks with 3-4-3
- 23-year-old international ‘will join Arsenal’ this summer [Mirror]
- Preview: Arsenal v Man City, attacker returns, Gibbs to start + prediction
- Key trio recalled in 3-4-3: My Arsenal starting XI vs Man City
Arsenal suffer fresh fitness blow ahead of Liverpool clash
Just when it looked like the Arsenal squad was coming together, we’ve suffered a fresh fitness blow with the news that Mesut Ozil is a doubt to face Liverpool this weekend.
As we reported earlier, Laurent Koscielny and Aaron Ramsey gave us a real boost by returning to full training today to put themselves in contention for the trip to Anfield.
However, according to Goal, Ozil wasn’t able to take part in training today after turning up at London Colney with the flu and he was quickly sent home by club doctors.
Ozil was spotted out with the rest of the squad at a team bonding bowling session last night but it looks like he must have picked up a bug as he’s now at home resting with the flu.
Goal claim that the German international remains hopeful that he’ll recover in time to take on Liverpool on Saturday evening but as of now he is considered as a major doubt.
The news is a huge blow as although Ozil hasn’t been playing to his usual high standards in recent weeks, he’s still a vital part of the team and we’d all rather have him in the side for a crucial game this weekend.
We head to Anfield sitting just a point above Liverpool in fourth spot so we desperately need to bring home a positive result in our quest to finish in the top four and that will be a lot more difficult if Ozil is ruled out.
We will already be without Mohamed Elneny as he suffered a foot injury against Sutton United last month while Santi Cazorla is out for the season with an Achilles injury.