- Arsenal to make £20m bid for Bundesliga midfielder [Mirror]
- Leicester suffer triple injury blow ahead of Arsenal clash
- Arsenal star left Wembley on crutches following FA Cup win
- [Tweets & Photos] Ozil, The Ox & more celebrate on Twitter after beating City
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Gabriel & Holding superb
- Video: Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Sanchez fires Gunners to final
- Teams: Arsenal v Man City: Wenger sticks with 3-4-3
- 23-year-old international ‘will join Arsenal’ this summer [Mirror]
- Preview: Arsenal v Man City, attacker returns, Gibbs to start + prediction
- Key trio recalled in 3-4-3: My Arsenal starting XI vs Man City
[Video] Ozil shouts at Sanchez after Arsenal’s defeat at Chelsea
Footage has emerged of Mesut Ozil shouting at Alexis Sanchez and Nacho Monreal after they failed to applaud the Arsenal fans following our 3-1 defeat at Chelsea today.
It was a tough afternoon at Stamford Bridge as a controversial goal gave Chelsea an early lead before Eden Hazard scored a worldy to make it 2-0 shortly after half time.
An error from Petr Cech gifted Cesc Fabregas a third and while Olivier Giroud headed home a stoppage time consolation, we slumped to a 3-1 defeat that leaves us 12 points behind Chelsea and ended any faint hopes of the title. [Watch the goals here]
Understandably the players were disappointed at the final whistle but it seems Ozil took exception to Alexis and Monreal heading for the tunnel without giving the travelling fans a clap.
The video below shows the German international shouting at his team mates to come back and acknowledge the away fans as the duo made their way off the pitch.
Monreal stopped and gave a half-hearted applause but Sanchez barely responded as he headed straight down the tunnel, much to the frustration of Ozil.
It’s good to see that Mesut demands his team mates give something back to the fans after such a shambolic performance but it’s not the first time Sanchez has stormed off the pitch after a defeat.
We all know he throws a strop when we lose and recently he’s been seen storming off the pitch without speaking to anyone or acknowledging the fans. The hope is that it’s just part of his ‘winning mentality’ and not a sign of his frustration at the club.
A frustrated Mesut Özil after the game shouts at Alexis Sanchez and Nacho Monreal for not going over to the Arsenal away supporters. pic.twitter.com/XAx8TghCHn
— Chris Wheatley (@ChrisWheatley_) February 4, 2017