- Leicester suffer triple injury blow ahead of Arsenal clash
- Arsenal star left Wembley on crutches following FA Cup win
- [Tweets & Photos] Ozil, The Ox & more celebrate on Twitter after beating City
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Gabriel & Holding superb
- Video: Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Sanchez fires Gunners to final
- Teams: Arsenal v Man City: Wenger sticks with 3-4-3
- 23-year-old international ‘will join Arsenal’ this summer [Mirror]
- Preview: Arsenal v Man City, attacker returns, Gibbs to start + prediction
- Key trio recalled in 3-4-3: My Arsenal starting XI vs Man City
- Arsenal face fight with Liverpool to land £50m star
Video: Chelsea 3-1 Arsenal: Title over after Gunners horror show
Arsenal’s Premier League hopes are over for another year after we slumped to a 3-1 defeat to Chelsea at Stamford Bridge this afternoon.
We made a reasonable start but predictably fell behind in the 13th minute when Alonso headed home after Costa’s effort came back off the bar.
It was poor defending by us but replays showed that Alonso had elbowed Bellerin – knocking him unconscious – while challenging for the ball but unfortunately the referee gave the goal.
We missed a couple of great chances to level things up before half time and got punished as Hazard danced his way through half our team before chipping over Cech for 2-0 in the 53rd minute.
Cech then gifted Chelsea a third when he kicked his clearnace straight to Fabregas and the former Gunners chipped in to the empty net for 3-0.
We grabbed a late consolation when Giroud headed home for 3-1 in the 90th minute but it was a minor positive note on what was otherwise a nightmare afternoon.
We’re now 12 points adrift of Chelsea in the league and could drop out of the top four by the end of the weekend so that certainly ends our title hopes for yet another season.
Here are the goals: