- Arsenal to make £20m bid for Bundesliga midfielder [Mirror]
- Leicester suffer triple injury blow ahead of Arsenal clash
- Arsenal star left Wembley on crutches following FA Cup win
- [Tweets & Photos] Ozil, The Ox & more celebrate on Twitter after beating City
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Gabriel & Holding superb
- Video: Arsenal 2-1 Man City: Sanchez fires Gunners to final
- Teams: Arsenal v Man City: Wenger sticks with 3-4-3
- 23-year-old international ‘will join Arsenal’ this summer [Mirror]
- Preview: Arsenal v Man City, attacker returns, Gibbs to start + prediction
- Key trio recalled in 3-4-3: My Arsenal starting XI vs Man City
[Player Ratings] Arsenal 1-2 Watford: See which Gunner deserved a 3
Arsenal wasted a golden opportunity to close the gap on Chelsea after one of the worse 45 minutes in recent memory led to a 2-1 defeat to Watford tonight.
Another shocking first half saw Watford go 2-0 inside the first 15 minutes and while we rallied after the break with Alex Iwobi halving the deficit we couldn’t get anything from the game so slumped to a disgraceful defeat.
Here are my ratings:
Cech 6/10 | A little unlucky with both goals. The first was a deflection that wrong footed him and their second he initially saved only for the rebound to fall kindly to Deeney.
Gabriel 5/10 | All over the place in the first half. No idea why Wenger left Bellerin out.
Mustafi 4/10 | Awful defending let Capoue dance through to create the Watford second.
Koscielny 6/10 | Not particularly at fault tonight but given a tough time by the Watford attack.
Monreal 5/10 | Should have made more effort to get goal-side of Deeney for the second goal.
Coquelin 5/10 | None existent tackle to stop Capoue going through on goal. Looked lost until he was taken off.
Ramsey 4/10 | Ball deflected off him for their first and failed to gather possession or track back for their second. Forced off with another hamstring injury in the 20th minute.
Iwobi 6/10 | Lovely finish to make it 2-1 but was otherwise frustrated by the Watford defence.
Ozil 4/10 | One of his worst games of the season. Did very little all game. He just can’t hack it against a big, physical side who press us with aggression.
Sanchez 6/10 | Great work to assist for Iwobi’s goal and was at least trying to make things happen but perhaps tried to do too much on his own.
Giroud 3/10 | Absolutely anonymous. Did virtually nothing before being replaced at half time.
Oxlade-Chamberlain 6/10 | Did pretty well in the middle of the park again. Should have started ahead of Ramsey. Picked up a knock so hopefully he’s OK.
Walcott 5/10 | Missed two great chances to reduce the deficit early in the second half then went missing for the rest of the game.
Perez 5/10 | Rattled the bar with a rasping shot late on.