- [Photos] Images of Arsenal’s 2017/18 home/away kits leaked online
- Arsenal dealt fresh injury blow, star ruled out for 3 weeks
- Devastating blow: Arsenal star ruled out for the rest of the season
- Arsenal get some excellent injury news ahead of Liverpool trip
- Arsenal suffer fresh injury concern, attacker nursing back problem
- Date & time confirmed for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash with Lincoln
- [Photo] Arsenal star confirms double injury blow after Sutton clash
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate Sutton win & congratulate Walcott
- [Player Ratings] Sutton 0-2 Arsenal: Perez shines, Iwobi woeful
- Video: Sutton 0-2 Arsenal: Walcott books quarter final spot
[Player Ratings] Sanchez steals the show as Arsenal thrash West Ham
It was the Alexis Sanchez show as our Chilean super star scored a hat-trick during a 5-1 battering of West Ham at the London Stadium tonight.
Here are my ratings:
Čech 6/10 | Had virtually nothing to do for much of the game. Could do nothing for their consolation goal.
Gabriel 6.5/10 | Did well considering he was playing out of position at right-back. Actually got involved going forward more than I thought he would.
Koscielny 7/10 | Made a superb goal-line clearance to deny West Ham an equaliser at 1-0.
Mustafi 6.5/10 | Another steady performance but booked for a silly foul which led to their goal.
Monreal 7/10 | A real outlet down the left side and on another day he’d have got a couple of assists.
Xhaka 7/10 | Won possession several times and was excellent on the ball. Needs to get a run of games now.
Coquelin 7/10 | Did well to win possession high up the pitch in the build up to the opener and showed discipline after picking up a first half yellow.
Oxlade-Chamberlain 7.5/10 | Got in to some great positions but was extremely wasteful in the first half, however, was excellent after the break. Scored a superb goal and got an assist too.
Özil 7.5/10 | Tapped home the opener and almost grabbed a second with an acrobatic effort midway through the second half. Pulled the strings again and grabbed an assist for Oxlade-Chamberlain’s goal.
Walcott 6/10 | On the fringes of things. Got in to some good positions but the ball just never fell his way and his passing was poor.
Alexis 10/10 | Outstanding. Scored one of the best hat-tricks you’ll see this season and unselfishly set-up Ozil for the opener. Never stopped working and put the West Ham defence under all sorts of pressure as well. The most complete performance of the season.
Ramsey 7/10 | We seemed to click when he replaced Walcott as it gave us a little bit more balance – although West Ham were pushing up which gave us plenty of space to work with.
Elneny, Iwobi N/A | On too late
Overall, it was a strange game as we didn’t actually play that well considering the scoreline. We barely got out of second gear and were wasteful with many of our chances. West Ham were truly awful and if it wasn’t for the brilliance of Sanchez, the game could have been a lot closer given it was only 1-0 until the 70th minute.
However, luckily the little Chilean showed us why it’s so important we get him to sign a new contract. We’re now up to second and right behind Chelsea…