- Wenger: Barca star ‘had agreement’ to join Arsenal
- Mesut Ozil picks up fresh injury concern on international duty
- Arsenal star explains why Sanchez/Ozil haven’t signed new deals
- Arsene Wenger offers injury update on Alexis Sanchez
- Arsenal ready to snap-up Barca attacker for £25m [Times]
- Arsenal offer defender lucrative contract ahead of summer move
- Arsenal boss offers update on Sanchez & Ozil contract situations
- Arsenal suffer huge injury blow, star to miss crucial games
- International star responds to Arsenal move reports
- [Photos] Arsenal star trains despite ligament injury fears
Video: Sunderland 1-4 Arsenal: Giroud brace sends Gunners top
Arsenal moved three points clear at the top of the Premier League table with a 4-1 victory over Sunderland at the Stadium of Light this afternoon.
We dominated the game from the outset and opened the scoring midway through the first half when Sanchez met a superb Oxlade-Chamberlain cross and headed home for 1-0.
In typical fashion, we were denied a penalty after Sanchez was hauled back and Sunderland went straight up the other end to get a penalty of their own when Cech brought down Watmore after some poor defending from Mustafi. Defoe made no mistake from the spot to make it 1-1.
However, Olivier Giroud came off the bench to restore our lead with a fine volley before the big Frenchman headed home to make it 3-1 in the 76th minute.
The three points were secured as Sanchez grabbed his second of the game with a close range finish after Gibbs had smacked the post as we moved top of the Premier League table.
Watch the goals here: