- Preview: Arsenal v Burnley, team news, Giroud out + prediction
- [Photos] Injured Arsenal man snapped back in training today
- “It’s possible” – World class Arsenal target drops hint over move
- Confirmed: FA announce key Arsenal star has signed new contract
- [Photo] Banner of Alexis Sanchez’s dogs installed at Emirates
- Key man returns, Giroud out: My Arsenal XI vs Burnley
- Key update on Arsenal’s pursuit of Serie A star, £36m deal agreed
- Wenger speaks out on reported interest in world class attacker
- Arsenal in talks over signing of Ligue 1 attacker
- Arsenal boss confirms star has signed deal until 2018
Arsenal boss confirms huge injury blow but midfielder returns
Arsene Wenger has been speaking at his pre-match press conference this morning ahead of Arsenal’s trip to Sunderland and he’s offered the latest team news.
Unfortunately the boss has confirmed that Lucas Perez is set for a lengthy spell on the sidelines after suffering ankle ligament damage during our 2-0 win over Reading in the EFL Cup on Tuesday night.
The Spanish striker limped out of the game in the 72nd minute and some reports on Thursday suggested he had only been ruled out for around a month, however, Wenger has suggested Perez could be on the sidelines for up to 8 weeks.
It’s a huge blow, not only for the player but also for Arsenal as it leaves us lacking in options through the middle with Danny Welbeck and Chuba Akpom also out with long-term injuries.
Thankfully Olivier Giroud returned to action in midweek with a 20 minute cameo off the bench against Reading and the French international will be in the squad again this weekend.
In further good news, Arsene has confirmed that Aaron Ramsey will be back in the squad for the trip to the Stadium of Light after finally getting himself back to full fitness.
Ramsey hasn’t featured since picking up a hamstring injury on the opening weekend of the new season but has been back in full training in recent weeks and will now be in contention tomorrow.
However, after over two months on the sidelines, the Welsh international is expected to be named on the bench as Arsene is going to be cautious not to throw him straight back in to action too soon.
At Colney. Wenger: "We lost Perez for a while, ankle injury. He will be 6-8 weeks out."
— James Olley (@JamesOlley) October 28, 2016
More on Perez: "It is very frustrating because he worked very hard and now he is close, he is absolutely gutted. A stupid injury." #AFC
— Mark Mann-Bryans (@MarkyMBryans) October 28, 2016
So boss, what’s the latest on these two?
"We have Giroud available, Aaron Ramsey will be back in the squad"
— Arsenal FC (@Arsenal) October 28, 2016