- Confirmed: Arsenal boss charged with misconduct by FA
- Arsenal eyeing £34.5m deal for Portuguese international
- Arsenal trio surprisingly named in BBC Team of the Week
- Arsene Wenger could be banned for Arsenal’s crucial trip to Chelsea
- Wenger criticises Arsenal star after poor display v Burnley
- [Video] Arsenal boss pushes official in tunnel following sending off
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Burnley: Xhaka flops, Sanchez shines
- Video: Arsenal 2-1 Burnley: Last Gasp Sanchez panenka pen wins it
- Teams: Arsenal v Burnley: Bellerin on bench, Gabriel starts
- Preview: Arsenal v Burnley, team news, Giroud out + prediction
Walcott misses out as Arsenal announce their player of the month
Alexis Sanchez has beaten off competition from Theo Walcott and Alex Iwobi to be named as the Arsenal player of the month for September.
The Chilean international continued his fine early season form with four goals in five games last month to help us climb up to third in the Premier League table and make a solid start in the Champions League.
Sanchez netted a vital equaliser against Paris Saint-Germain and scored a brace during the win at Hull City before opening the scoring with a fine strike during the 3-0 win over Chelsea at the Emirates.
Arsenal have now confirmed on Arsenal.com that Alexis has now been named as our player of the month with 39.4% of the votes, beaten off competition from Walcott who received 23.2% of the votes.
Walcott has also enjoyed a positive start to the new campaign and like Sanchez, found the target four times in September including both goals as we beat Basel in the Champions League while he netted the second against Chelsea.
Alex Iwobi came in third in the player of the month award with 18.4% of the votes after putting in a number of fine displays last month.