- Wenger: Barca star ‘had agreement’ to join Arsenal
- Mesut Ozil picks up fresh injury concern on international duty
- Arsenal star explains why Sanchez/Ozil haven’t signed new deals
- Arsene Wenger offers injury update on Alexis Sanchez
- Arsenal ready to snap-up Barca attacker for £25m [Times]
- Arsenal offer defender lucrative contract ahead of summer move
- Arsenal boss offers update on Sanchez & Ozil contract situations
- Arsenal suffer huge injury blow, star to miss crucial games
- International star responds to Arsenal move reports
- [Photos] Arsenal star trains despite ligament injury fears
Walcott misses out as Arsenal announce their player of the month
Alexis Sanchez has beaten off competition from Theo Walcott and Alex Iwobi to be named as the Arsenal player of the month for September.
The Chilean international continued his fine early season form with four goals in five games last month to help us climb up to third in the Premier League table and make a solid start in the Champions League.
Sanchez netted a vital equaliser against Paris Saint-Germain and scored a brace during the win at Hull City before opening the scoring with a fine strike during the 3-0 win over Chelsea at the Emirates.
Arsenal have now confirmed on Arsenal.com that Alexis has now been named as our player of the month with 39.4% of the votes, beaten off competition from Walcott who received 23.2% of the votes.
Walcott has also enjoyed a positive start to the new campaign and like Sanchez, found the target four times in September including both goals as we beat Basel in the Champions League while he netted the second against Chelsea.
Alex Iwobi came in third in the player of the month award with 18.4% of the votes after putting in a number of fine displays last month.