- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
Walcott misses out as Arsenal announce their player of the month
Alexis Sanchez has beaten off competition from Theo Walcott and Alex Iwobi to be named as the Arsenal player of the month for September.
The Chilean international continued his fine early season form with four goals in five games last month to help us climb up to third in the Premier League table and make a solid start in the Champions League.
Sanchez netted a vital equaliser against Paris Saint-Germain and scored a brace during the win at Hull City before opening the scoring with a fine strike during the 3-0 win over Chelsea at the Emirates.
Arsenal have now confirmed on Arsenal.com that Alexis has now been named as our player of the month with 39.4% of the votes, beaten off competition from Walcott who received 23.2% of the votes.
Walcott has also enjoyed a positive start to the new campaign and like Sanchez, found the target four times in September including both goals as we beat Basel in the Champions League while he netted the second against Chelsea.
Alex Iwobi came in third in the player of the month award with 18.4% of the votes after putting in a number of fine displays last month.