- Wenger: Barca star ‘had agreement’ to join Arsenal
- Mesut Ozil picks up fresh injury concern on international duty
- Arsenal star explains why Sanchez/Ozil haven’t signed new deals
- Arsene Wenger offers injury update on Alexis Sanchez
- Arsenal ready to snap-up Barca attacker for £25m [Times]
- Arsenal offer defender lucrative contract ahead of summer move
- Arsenal boss offers update on Sanchez & Ozil contract situations
- Arsenal suffer huge injury blow, star to miss crucial games
- International star responds to Arsenal move reports
- [Photos] Arsenal star trains despite ligament injury fears
Attacker set to decide over proposed £24m Arsenal move – reports
According to a report in the Express, Arsenal will find out this week whether we’ve been successful in our £24m pursuit of Borussia Dortmund attacker Henrikh Mkhitaryan.
The Armenian international has been strongly linked with a move to the Emirates in recent weeks with ESPN reporting recently that Arsene Wenger had made the attacker his next priority transfer target.
Dortmund have admitted they may be forced to cash-in on the 27-year-old as he has failed to agree terms over an extension so with just one year remaining on his current deal, the Germans will sell now rather than lose him for nothing in 12 months.
We aren’t the only club reportedly in the running for his signature as the Express claim that Chelsea and Manchester United have joined Arsenal in making it clear to Dortmund that they are willing to pay £23.8m for Mkhitaryan’s signature this summer.
We shouldn’t have to wait much longer to find out where the player will be heading if he does end up moving this summer as Dortmund sporting director Michael Zorc has been quoted as saying that a decision will be made this week.
There have been unconfirmed rumours in the press that the attacker would prefer a move to the Emirates and we better hope that’s the case as he’s a superb player who scored 23 goals and provided a ridiculous 32 assists in all competitions last season.
With Theo Walcott’s future in doubt, I would love to see Mkhitaryan come in as his replacement as he would form a devastating attack alongside Mesut Ozil and Alexis Sanchez next season. Can you imagine the amount of chances they’d create!? Shame Giroud will waste the vast majority of them…