- Arsenal trio set to return + positive update on attacker
- Attacker hints at surprise move back to Arsenal
- No Sanchez but Arsenal duo named in Premier League Team of the Week
- [Video] Alexis Sanchez confirms he’s ‘really happy’ at Arsenal
- Arsenal rocked: Wenger fears star’s season is over following surgery
- Preview: Swansea v Arsenal, team news, line-up & prediction
- Arsenal’s FA Cup clash selected for live TV, date & time confirmed
- [Photos] Injured duo join new signing in Arsenal training today
- Wenger confirms duo could leave Arsenal this month
- Arsenal star ruled out for 2 games after Wenger confirms setback
Attacker set to decide over proposed £24m Arsenal move – reports
According to a report in the Express, Arsenal will find out this week whether we’ve been successful in our £24m pursuit of Borussia Dortmund attacker Henrikh Mkhitaryan.
The Armenian international has been strongly linked with a move to the Emirates in recent weeks with ESPN reporting recently that Arsene Wenger had made the attacker his next priority transfer target.
Dortmund have admitted they may be forced to cash-in on the 27-year-old as he has failed to agree terms over an extension so with just one year remaining on his current deal, the Germans will sell now rather than lose him for nothing in 12 months.
We aren’t the only club reportedly in the running for his signature as the Express claim that Chelsea and Manchester United have joined Arsenal in making it clear to Dortmund that they are willing to pay £23.8m for Mkhitaryan’s signature this summer.
We shouldn’t have to wait much longer to find out where the player will be heading if he does end up moving this summer as Dortmund sporting director Michael Zorc has been quoted as saying that a decision will be made this week.
There have been unconfirmed rumours in the press that the attacker would prefer a move to the Emirates and we better hope that’s the case as he’s a superb player who scored 23 goals and provided a ridiculous 32 assists in all competitions last season.
With Theo Walcott’s future in doubt, I would love to see Mkhitaryan come in as his replacement as he would form a devastating attack alongside Mesut Ozil and Alexis Sanchez next season. Can you imagine the amount of chances they’d create!? Shame Giroud will waste the vast majority of them…