- Arsenal ready to move for £40m Spaniard, Liverpool also keen
- Arsenal eye move for Czech Republic star – Coquelin replacement?
- Fixture change: Arsenal v Man Utd clash rescheduled for live TV
- Arsenal boss confirms key man has been ruled out for the season
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Cech, Sanchez, Ozil & Perez
- “I’m happy in London” – Sanchez offers huge update on Arsenal future
- Arsenal star to be given fitness check ahead of Man City clash
- Revealed: When Wenger will announce his Arsenal future [report]
- [Video] Chile 3-1 Venezuela: Arsenal’s Sanchez scores stunner
- Huge update on Alexis Sanchez’s future at Arsenal
[Photo] Nigerian midfielder confirms Arsenal move on Fabebook page
Nigerian wonderkid Kelechi Nwakali has seemingly confirmed his proposed move to Arsenal on his official Facebook page this afternoon.
Nwakali has been strongly linked with a move to the Emirates in recent months after our scouts were impressed with his potential at the Under-17 World Cup last year.
The 17-year-old played a pivotal role in helping Nigeria win the trophy over in Chile with Nwakali named as the Player of the Tournament following a string of superb displays.
The midfielder was quoted back in March as saying he had agreed a five-year deal to join Arsenal and the Mirror reported earlier this month that we were on the verge of announcing his arrival in a £3m deal from the Diamond Football Academy.
Arsenal have still not announced anything officially on the website [at the time of writing] but it looks as though Nwakali has taken things in to his own hands after taking to his Facebook page earlier today to confirm that he’s set to begin a new life at Arsenal.
Assuming the deal has now gone through, the youngster will be our second major signing of the summer following the arrival of Switzerland midfielder Granit Xhaka last month.
Nwakali is a central midfielder who has been compared to Arsenal legend Patrick Vieira due to his style of play but he has a long way to go before he emulates the great man!
He’ll no doubt go in to our under-21 squad and it will be a while before he’s ready for the first team but he is highly-regarded so let’s hope he has a bright future in North London.
Here is what he posted on Facebook earlier: