- Arsenal trio set to return + positive update on attacker
- Attacker hints at surprise move back to Arsenal
- No Sanchez but Arsenal duo named in Premier League Team of the Week
- [Video] Alexis Sanchez confirms he’s ‘really happy’ at Arsenal
- Arsenal rocked: Wenger fears star’s season is over following surgery
- Preview: Swansea v Arsenal, team news, line-up & prediction
- Arsenal’s FA Cup clash selected for live TV, date & time confirmed
- [Photos] Injured duo join new signing in Arsenal training today
- Wenger confirms duo could leave Arsenal this month
- Arsenal star ruled out for 2 games after Wenger confirms setback
Arsenal express interest in signing unsettled Real Madrid star
The Sun are citing reports coming out of Spain that claim Arsenal are among the clubs who are showing a keen interest in signing unsettled Real Madrid attacker James Rodriguez this summer.
The Colombian international has fallen out-of-favour since Zinedine Zidane took over from Rafa Benitez as manager in January and he’s struggled to hold down a first team place in recent months.
Rodriguez has been left on the bench for key games this season, including Champions League matches against Wolfsburg and Manchester City, with the likes of Jesse and Lucas Vazquez even ahead of him in the pecking order behind Bale, Ronaldo and Benzema.
His lack of action has led to speculation the playmaker will demand a move this summer and the Sun cite a report from El Confidencial which claims that Rodriguez’s agents have sounded out potential suitors, with Arsenal understood to have expressed their interest in signing the player.
The report says that Rodriguez’s agent, Jorge Mendes, is set to meet Madrid officials to resolve his clients future but it’s looking increasingly likely that he’ll be hold the players days at the Bernabeu are numbered.
Understandably we aren’t the only club keen as the likes of Man City and Juventus are also named as potential new homes for Rodriguez and any deal to sign him won’t be cheap as Madrid paid Monaco around £60m back in 2014.
However, with Theo Walcott expected to leave the Emirates this summer following a disappointing season, we’ll need to bring in attacking reinforcements and Rodriguez would be an exciting replacement if we could get a deal agreed with Madrid.
The Colombian international hasn’t really been able to prove himself at Madrid but I think he could flourish if he was given a more prominent role at a club like Arsenal, and a front three of Sanchez, Ozil and Rodriguez behind a top class striker would be a mouthwatering prospect.