- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Arsene Wenger offers Laurent Koscielny injury update
Arsene Wenger has confirmed that Laurent Koscielny won’t be fit to face Hull City tomorrow and could also miss the West Brom game this coming weekend.
Koscielny has missed our last two games against Swansea and Tottenham Hotspur with what was first described as a ‘minor’ calf injury.
Wenger had hoped the French international could make his comeback in our FA Cup replay against Hull at the KC Stadium on Tuesday night.
However, the boss has now told Arsenal.com that Koscielny will be short for tomorrow’s game and he also expects the defender to miss out when we welcome West Brom to the Emirates on Saturday evening.
He told the clubs website after his press conference this morning:
Laurent will be short for Hull. he has a chance to be available for the weekend, but I think even for then he will be short.
So Koscielny’s ‘minor’ calf problem is now set to see him miss at least four matches but hopefully he’ll be back for the Champions League trip to Barcelona next week. Without Kos, it could get embarrassing at the Nou Camp.
Arsene is set to make some changes for the Hull game tomorrow. Calum Chambers is expected to start but we’ll have to wait and see whether he comes in for Hector Bellerin at right-back or if Arsene decides to rest one of Mertesacker or Gabriel.