- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
Arsene Wenger confirms this player with start against Barcelona
Arsene Wenger has confirmed that David Ospina will make way with Petr Cech returning to start in goal against Barcelona tomorrow night.
Cech was rested for Saturday’s FA Cup draw against Hull City with Ospina given a rare run-out in the domestic cup competition.
The Colombian international was our No.1 last season but he’s seen his stock at the Emirates fall considerably following the arrival of Cech in the summer.
Ospina put in a solid shift against the Tigers and made a couple of solid saves to ensure we kept a clean sheet, however, unsurprisingly the boss has confirmed that Cech will come back in between the sticks tomorrow night.
The Czech international has been a sensational signing after we snapped him up from rivals Chelsea in August and he’s shown exactly how important it is to have a world class keeper in goal this season.
With Barca arriving in North London tomorrow in frightening form, you’d expect Cech is going to be busy and he’ll have to be on his game if we’re going to get the positive result we need to have any chance of qualifying for the last 8.
Unfortunately, the boss also revealed that Gabriel won’t be fit to face Barcelona so will continue to nurse a hamstring injury on the sidelines.
Here is what Arsene said at his press conference this morning:
— Arsenal FC (@Arsenal) February 22, 2016