- Wenger criticises Arsenal star after poor display v Burnley
- [Video] Arsenal boss pushes official in tunnel following sending off
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Burnley: Xhaka flops, Sanchez shines
- Video: Arsenal 2-1 Burnley: Last Gasp Sanchez panenka pen wins it
- Teams: Arsenal v Burnley: Bellerin on bench, Gabriel starts
- Preview: Arsenal v Burnley, team news, Giroud out + prediction
- [Photos] Injured Arsenal man snapped back in training today
- “It’s possible” – World class Arsenal target drops hint over move
- Confirmed: FA announce key Arsenal star has signed new contract
- [Photo] Banner of Alexis Sanchez’s dogs installed at Emirates
Arsene Wenger team news update: 4 missing for Barcelona clash
Arsene Wenger has confirmed that Arsenal will be without four first team players for the visit of Barcelona tomorrow night.
We welcome the Spanish giants to the Emirates for the first leg of our Champions League last-16 tie and unfortunately the boss has revealed that Gabriel will once again miss the game.
The Brazilian international has missed our last two games with a hamstring injury and he’ll remain on the sidelines for the Barca clash, but hopefully he’ll be back in contention for the trip to Man Utd on Sunday.
Arsene also confirmed that Mikel Arteta has been ruled out with an unspecified problem after he was left out of the squad for Saturday’s 0-0 draw with Hull City.
Jack Wilshere and Santi Cazorla have returned to light training recent as they step-up their rehabilitation from long-term injuries but of course the Barca game will come too soon so they remain on the sidelines.
There is one other player who’ll miss tomorrow’s game and that’s Tomas Rosicky, but the boss failed to include him in his update today. Probably because he’s out for at least three months.
Otherwise the squad is healthy as Danny Welbeck has made a successful return to the squad over the last week while Mesut Ozil has recovered from a minor illness that kept him out of the Hull game.
Here is what Arsene told reporters at his press conference this afternoon:
— Arsenal FC (@Arsenal) February 22, 2016