- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Confirmed: Arsenal star ruled out of Bayern Munich showdown
And our injury curse strikes again. Arsene Wenger has confirmed that Hector Bellerin has been ruled out of the Bayern Munich game with a groin injury.
The boss confirmed the news at his pre-match press conference this evening with Bellerin not even travelling with the rest of the squad to Germany.
Instead, he’ll stay back in North London to receive treatment on a groin injury that Arsene describes as ‘small’. Obviously we’ve heard that before only for the player to be ruled out for weeks, or even months, so fingers crossed this doesn’t develop into something serious.
Bellerin has been a mainstay in the back-four all season and has been in outstanding form so this injury comes as a huge blow.
To compound things further, Mathieu Debuchy is the man who’ll step in tomorrow night. The Frenchman has been woeful this season so it doesn’t bare thinking about him being up against Douglas Costa.
Let’s pray Bellerin is back for Tottenham on Sunday!
— Arsenal FC (@Arsenal) November 3, 2015
In Munich. Wenger says Bellerin is out for tomorrow night's game. Has not travelled. Groin problem. "A small problem," he says.
— James Olley (@JamesOlley) November 3, 2015