- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
Wenger confirms this player will start against Sheffield Wednesday
Arsene Wenger has confirmed that Petr Cech will start our Capital One Cup clash against Sheffield Wednesday on Tuesday night.
We head to Hillsborough in the fourth round of the League Cup after beating Tottenham at White Hart Lane in the previous round.
Speaking to Arsenal.com today, the boss has offered a team news update ahead of the game and revealed that David Ospina is still on the sidelines nursing a shoulder problem that he picked up while away on international duty earlier this month.
Therefore, Wenger confirmed that number one Petr Cech will retain his place in goal tomorrow night.
on who will play in goal…
Ospina is still out too, so Cech will certainly play.
Some may have expected a youngster such as Matt Macey – who’s been on the bench while Ospina has been injured – to come in and allow Cech a night off but it looks like the boss is going to opt for experience.
Let’s hope the decision doesn’t back-fire with Cech picking up an injury as the Czech international has proved invaluable in recent Premier League and Champions League games.