- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
Arsenal boss confirms fitness boost ahead of Capital One Cup Clash
Arsene Wenger has revealed that Per Mertesacker will return to face Sheffield Wednesday in the Capital One Cup on Tuesday night.
We travel to Hillsborough tomorrow night in the fourth round of the League Cup after securing our place with a dramatic 2-1 win over Spurs at White Hart Lane.
Ahead of the game Arsene has given Arsenal.com a team news update and confirmed the good news that Mertesacker will be fit and available.
The German international missed our 2-1 victory over Everton at the weekend due to illness but he’ll now be back in the squad tomorrow night.
We didn’t pick up any fresh injuries on Saturday but Aaron Ramsey, Jack Wilshere, Mikel Arteta, Danny Welbeck and Tomas Rosicky all remain sidelined.
As I reported earlier, Petr Cech will also start in goal as David Ospina is still out with a shoulder problem that he picked up while away with Colombia.
Wenger told the clubs website:
There are no new problems from Saturday, Per Mertesacker is available again after illness. Nobody else is coming back. Arteta will not be fit. Ramsey, Wilshere, Welbeck and Rosicky of course are all out too.
Gabriel was outstanding against Everton while Koscielny was also in great form but I expect Arsene to rest one of them with Mertesacker coming back in to the side.
It will be interesting to see what other changes the boss opts to make but I hope we give the likes of Mesut Ozil and Alexis Sanchez a breather as we need them fresh for the bigger competitions.