- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Wenger Holds Personal Talks With Dream Target About Arsenal Move
According to reports in Spain, Arsene Wenger has made a personal phone-call to Karim Benzema to discuss a potential move to Arsenal this summer.
Benzema has long been on Arsene’s radar as we’ve constantly been linked with the French international over the course of the last few years, and this summer appears to be no exception.
Earlier this week Spanish outlet AS claimed that the boss has made Benzema his top target and is lining-up a move for the 27-year-old hitman if he was to give any indication he wanted a new challenge.
It appears Arsene has now stepped-up his interest as the Express are citing reports coming out of Spain from radio station Cope that suggest the boss has made a personal call to the striker to discuss a potential move to North London.
However, the bad news is that the report claims that Madrid have no intention of cashing-in on Benzema this summer, so it looks like we’ll face a tough task luring him to the Emirates.
It’s difficult to know how much truth there is behind these reports but I’d absolutely love to see Benzema join Arsenal. He’s one of the best all-round strikers in the world and would be a dream signing for me.
There has been plenty of speculation suggesting that Rafa Bentiez is planning to play Ronaldo through the middle with Bale and Rodriguez out wide this coming season. If that’s the case then it will leave Benzema on the bench and he’s far too good for that, so he might start agitating for a move.
If he does, we should be front of the queue and it sounds like Arsene has already registered his interest directly to the player himself, so we should be well positioned to win the race for his signature if the Frenchman does push to leave Madrid this summer.
The Spaniard’s usually sell one world class player each summer and Benzema and/or Ramos are the most likely to leave this year, so let’s hope Arsene can work his magic and bring the striker to Arsenal as I actually think he would fire us to the title next season.