- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
Petr Cech Will Undergo Arsenal Medical Today, Fee & Terms Agreed
The oracle has spoken. BBC journalist David Ornstein has confirmed that Petr Cech will undergo his Arsenal medical today ahead of his move from Chelsea.
We’ve been waiting patiently for news on our proposed move for Cech after Sky Sports News confirmed earlier this week that a £10.9m fee had been agreed with Chelsea.
They then claimed that personal terms with the 33-year-old goalkeeper had also been agreed, so it was just a matter of putting the player though a medical before the deal could be wrapped-up.
It seems the last remaining stumbling block will be overcome today as BBC journalist David Ornstein tweeted this morning that Cech will undergo his medical with Arsenal on Friday, and he also confirmed that a fee and personal terms are done.
— David Ornstein (@bbcsport_david) June 26, 2015
For those of you who don’t know or aren’t on Twitter, Ornstein is widely regarded as the unofficial ‘mouthpiece’ for Arsenal so when he says something, it usually comes straight from the club.
Some Twitter users who don’t quite have the reputation of Ornstein claimed on Wednesday that a medical would happen today, so it seems they deserve a lot of credit too.
Cech’s medical should be a formality and the deal will probably be completed early next week. This is Arsenal we’re talking about – you know we like to drag these things out!