- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
Arsenal To Launch €35m Move If Wenger Misses Out On Top Target
The Independent claim that Arsenal will launch a €35m (£25m) move for Monaco midfielder Geoffrey Kondogbia if we lose out to Manchester United for top target Morgan Schneiderlin.
Arsene Wenger is expected to sign another central midfielder this summer with the future’s of Mikel Arteta, Mathieu Flamini and Abou Diaby all uncertain.
Several names have been linked with a move to the Emirates in recent months and reports earlier this week claimed that we were showing a keen interest in Monaco powerhouse Kondogbia.
The French international was first linked with a move to Arsenal back in 2013 but it seems Wenger is ready to renew his interest after watching the 23-year-old boss our midfield during Monaco’s 3-1 Champions League win at the Emirates last season.
The Ligue 1 outfit are understood to be willing to cash in on the player if their €35m (£25m) asking price is met, but we’ll have to fight off competition from Inter Milan with Roberto Mancini seemingly keen to lure the midfielder to Italy.
However, the Independent are now claiming that Arsenal will only make a €35m (£25m) move for Kondogbia if we miss out on the signing of Morgan Schneiderlin.
The Southampton ace has also been strongly linked with a move in recent months and Arsene has supposedly made the 25-year-old his top target this summer.
But with Manchester United reportedly now in pole position to sign the Frenchman, the boss has lined-up Kondogbia as a fall-back option in case Schneiderlin opts for a move to Old Trafford.
Of the two, I have no real preference. They are both top class midfielders who would enhance our squad, so I’d be delighted if we could sign either Schneiderlin or Kondogbia this summer.
Maybe Schneiderlin would be the ‘safer’ option as he has plenty of Premier League experience but Kondogbia is an exciting talent and he could be the nearest thing we’ve had to Vieira if he joined, so there are pros and cons to both players.
Let’s just wait and see what Arsene bring us….