- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
Arsenal In Battle To Sign €35m Midfielder Dubbed The ‘New Vieira’
According to reports today, Arsenal are battling it out with Inter Milan over the signature of Monaco midfielder Geoffrey Kondogbia this summer.
We were linked with the 22-year-old when he left Sevilla in the summer of 2013 but missed out after he made a €24m (£17m) move to Monaco.
Kondogbia has since developed into one of the most highly-rated midfielders in Europe and he was outstanding during both legs of our Champions League exit to Monaco last season.
It seems Arsene Wenger is ready to renew his interest in the 23-year-old as the Telegraph are reporting that Arsenal are going to make a fresh attempt to lure him to the Emirates this summer.
The boss is in the market for another midfielder as Arteta, Flamini and Diaby are all expected to leave over the coming weeks and Kondogbia would be an excellent addition to the squad.
However, it looks like we’ll face some stiff competition for his signature as the report states that Inter Milan are also in the running and have opened talks with the players camp about a potential move to Italy.
Kondogbia still has three years left to run on his contract and while Monaco are still keen to keep hold of him, reports suggest they will cash-in if their €35m asking price is met.
The French international is a powerful midfielder who’s been likened to Arsenal legend Patrick Vieira due to his size and style of play, and I’d love to see him come to the club this summer.
Francis Coquelin was exceptional during the second half of last season but we need competition and depth in the holding role, and Kondogbia would be among my preferred targets along with Morgan Schneiderlin and Arturo Vidal.
Any of those three would be superb signings, but we’ll have to see what Arsene brings us this summer….