- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Arsenal Boost As Forward Returns From Injury To Face Tottenham
Arsenal have received some positive injury news with Arsene Wenger confirming that Danny Welbeck is fit to face Tottenham this weekend.
Welbeck hasn’t featured for over six weeks after suffering a thigh injury against West Ham back on Boxing Day.
However, the boss told Arsenal.com this afternoon that the forward is back in full training and in contention for Saturday’s trip to White Hart Lane.
Welbeck is back in the group. Apart from that we have the same squad available as last week.
Despite Welbeck’s availability, I expect Arsene to name an unchanged side from the one that thrashed Aston Villa 5-0 last weekend.
With Alexis Sanchez missing the game with a hamstring strain, it is certainly a relief that Welbeck is back fully fit to face Spurs as it will be good to have another option on the bench.
Last week against Villa, our only attacking options were Rosicky and Akpom so Welbeck could come in useful if we need a goal or some fresh legs in the second half.