Wenger Gives Update On Last Minute Transfer Plans

By on January 30, 2015

Arsene wenger

It looks like there will be no more in-comings at Arsenal before the transfer window closes as Arsene Wenger has said it’s highly unlikely he’ll do any more business.

Krystian Bielik became our first signing of the January window when we paid Legia Warsaw just over £2m for the teenage midfielder earlier this month.

We followed that up with the signing of Gabiel Paulista on Wednesday with the centre-back joining from Villarreal in an £11.2m deal.

Speculation in the newspapers has linked us with several other players, with the boss reportedly eyeing a late move for either a defensive midfielder, right-back or forward – depending on which paper you believe.

However, for those hoping to see another signing arrive before Monday night’s deadline, it looks like you’ll be disappointed as Arsene has said he’s unlikely do make any more additions unless ‘someone stands outside’ his front door.

Speaking at his press conference this morning, when quizzed about further signings, the boss told reporters:

“If someone stands outside my door and he’s an exceptional player I will open the door.

“But it looks unlikely. I will give you my address if you like!”

I said last week that I thought Bielik and Gabriel would be our only two signings this month and it appears that’s going to be the case.

With Arsene, you can never rule anything out and he likes to play his cards close to his chest, but I personally don’t see us doing any more business.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>