- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
- 6 Arsenal players named in the Champions League Team of the Week
- [Tweets] Ozil, Ox & more: Arsenal players celebrate after CL win
- [Video] Mesut Ozil arrives home with his hat-trick match ball
- Ratings: Hat-trick hero Ozil shines as Arsenal thrash Ludogorets
- Video: Arsenal 6-0 Ludogorets: Ozil bags hat-trick in rout
- Teams: Arsenal v Ludogorets: Gibbs & Coquelin start
- [Tweet] Arsenal ace ‘can’t wait’ to play as he closes in on comeback
Wenger Confirms Injured Arsenal Ace Will Be Fit To Face Tottenham
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has confirmed that Danny Welbeck will return to the squad to face Tottenham next weekend.
Welbeck suffered a thigh injury against West Ham on Boxing Day and although it was initially expected to be a minor problem, it’s kept the attacker on the sidelines ever since.
However, the 23-year-old is now closing in on a comeback as he will return to training on Monday and be back in contention for next weekend’s trip to White Hart Lane.
Speaking ahead of Sunday’s clash with Aston Villa, Wenger told Arsenal.com:
Welbeck is very close. He is really, really, really nearly there. He’ll be in training on Monday. Then will be available for the Tottenham game.
With Alexis Sanchez set to miss the Villa game with a hamstring injury, we could have done with Danny being back this weekend, but at least he’ll be available to face Spurs.
It will be interesting to see how Arsene lines-up next week as we have an abundance of attacking options, with Welbeck joining Ozil and Walcott in regaining full fitness in recent weeks.