- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
Arsenal Blow As Alexis Sanchez Picks Up Hamstring Injury
Arsene Wenger has revealed that Alexis Sanchez is a major doubt to face Aston Villa after picking up a hamstring injury.
The Chilean came on for the final 15 minutes against Brighton last week but it’s not clear whether he suffered the injury during the game or in training this week.
Speaking to Arsenal.com ahead of Sunday’s clash with Villa, Arsene confirmed Sanchez will be given a late fitness test on Saturday, but it looks like he could miss out this weekend.
The good news is that the boss also revealed that new signing Gabriel Paulista should be in contention to make his debut.
The squad will be exactly the same as last Sunday. The only uncertainty we have isAlexis Sanchez who has a hamstring concern, and that will be decided on Saturday. He might be out for Sunday.
The only [other] difference is that Gabriel is available and we’ll check him how he is physically but he should be alright to be available.
It would obviously be a big blow to lose Sanchez but luckily we have the likes of Ozil and Walcott to call upon now they are both fit again. Had this happened a few weeks ago, we might have been in trouble, but I’m confident we can beat Villa even if Alexis is ruled out.