- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
Wenger: Sanchez ‘Unlikely’ To Be Fit, Gabriel ‘Ready To Play’
Arsene Wenger has said he’s unlikely to risk Alexis Sanchez this weekend but Gabriel Paulista will be in the squad.
The boss revealed on Thursday that Sanchez is a major doubt to face Aston Villa on Sunday after picking up a hamstring injury.
The Chilean international is due to have a late fitness test on Saturday but Arsene has admitted he’s ‘unlikely’ to risk the attacker.
I said yesterday that irrespective of his fitness test, we should shouldn’t take any chances with Sanchez so thankfully it sounds like Arsene is ready to give him the weekend off to fully recover from his hamstring problem.
The good news is that our new signing Gabriel Paulsita will be in the squad and according to Arsene, he’s “ready to play”.
I’m still not convinced the boss will throw him straight into action by starting the defender, but we could see him make an appearance in the second half perhaps.
Here’s what the boss had to say at his press conference this morning:
— Arsenal FC (@Arsenal) January 30, 2015