- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
Thierry Henry Claims Arsenal Are Signing A “Special” Player
Arsenal legend Thierry Henry claims we’re signing a “special” player in Gabriel Paulista.
The defender is on the verge of sealing an £11.2m move from Villarreal with widespread reports this afternoon claiming that the Home Office granted us a work permit.
The 24-year-old successfully underwent his medical on Monday morning and was at London Colney in the afternoon to be shown around the facilities and put the final touches to his move.
It remains to be seen how quickly Gabriel will settle at the Emirates but former striker Thierry Henry has given his approval to the signing after saying that we’re bringing in a “special talent”.
Speaking at a Football Writers’ Association event in London on Sunday night, Henry told Sky Sports:
“Arsene knows what he needs,”
“He obviously thinks the team is lacking a centre-back.
“Arsenal are going to get a young but polished player. I’ve heard he is a special talent.”
Gabriel certainly looks the business and his stats are impressive, but to get the nod from the king himself is the icing on the cake for me!
It’s unclear why we haven’t officially announced Gabriel’s signing yet but Arsenal are renowned for dragging these things out so I’m sure it’s nothing to worry about.
Hopefully we’ll hear something from the club on Tuesday and we’ll have our second signing of the window wrapped up.