- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
Arsenal GRANTED Work Permit, Gabriel Completing Medical In London
Our attempts to sign Gabriel Paulista have moved a huge step closer with the Telegraph reporting that we’ve been granted a work permit by the Home Office.
Villarreal confirmed a deal was in place on Saturday night and Arsene Wenger said after the Brighton game yesterday that he expected the move to be wrapped up today.
With a £11.3m (€15m) deal in place, the major stumbling block was gaining a work permit as Gabriel hasn’t earned a single cap for Brazil yet. However, the Telegraph and Sky Sports News are both now reporting that a work permit has been granted.
Gabriel is believed to have flown over to London around 6am this morning and he’s currently undergoing the final stages of his medical at London Colney.
As long as there is no late hiccups, Gabriel will be formally revealed as an Arsenal player in the coming hours.
Not long now Gooners until we have our second signing of the winter window……
Gabriel granted work permit ahead of proposed move to Arsenal – more details on#SSNHQ pic.twitter.com/SxIpNhdZXh
— Sky Sports News HQ (@SkySportsNewsHQ) January 26, 2015